Skip to main content

First time at the Farmer's Market...

Yesterday was opening day for the Certified Organic Farmer's Market in our County here in Northern California. I was approved for being one of the local artists approved for a vendor spot. It started off as a cloudy and cold morning around 40 degrees. The sun started to peak through about 10am which was warming. The weather here has been weird for sure. I was assured by the Master Gardener's that I was not the only one loosing springtime plants and flowers this year. Glad to know my pale green thumb hasn't gone completely brown.

Here's a look at my table:



I also had a few totes hanging from the two front corners of the pop-up that the market's organizer let me borrow.

If I had waited to have a lot of merchandise to sell I would never have set up. I have done that before too many times. Plus I was in it for the sake of putting myself and my artwork out into the public. If I sold anything, that would be the bonus. And I did sell four painted wine glasses! It paid for the booth space and a couple small purchases from other vendors.
It was a great day full of meeting people and spreading smiles! Time to spend the week making and painting. I am so excited for next weekend!
Happy Mother's Day,
Robin

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's lavender season...

I love fresh lavender. The aroma traveled to my booth at the Farmers Market from several aisles away. I finally had to go get some, which meant I would be weaving up a bunch of lavender wands.  Years ago I learned how to make lavender wands. The trick in creating the natural sachets of buds is to make them from fresh cut lavender and to work quickly. I spent last Sunday and Monday weaving thin ribbon through the stems of the flowers which create a lovely container for the aromatic buds.  Just a quick squeeze of the bulb of the wand will release the beautiful scent of lavender for years. Creating these wands is extremely relaxing and fun. If you would like to learn how to weave lavender wands, there's lots of tutorials out on YouTube.  Please share with me in the comments something creative you do that's also relaxing. Pass on some smiles today. Robin 

What happened last week...

 Wow! The last 10 days flew by with lots of painting, family visiting, and my banner was set hanging in downtown Placerville. First I painted a set of 4 smaller tumblers, 2 hurricane glasses and several jars for last weekend's Farmers Market. Next I needed to paint and ink a very well loved pair of Converse Chucks that belong to the sweetest 8 year old girl who asked me if I could paint them for her. I was really happy with how this pair came out. My son, daughter-in-law and my granddaughter came up to visit for a couple days and that was the highlight of the week/weekend! They all came out to the Farmer's Market also which was a happy surprise! We all went downtown and looked at the beautiful banners lining up Main Street in downtown Placerville. I was so excited to find mine! I will have more pictures of my banner hanging along with the other incredible banners by other local artists. So that is what has been keeping me busy. This week is all about making some gel prints, pla...

Last week update...

 Last week update. First, got the banner finished for the Placerville Art on Parade display on Main Street in downtown Placerville. I am so excited to see all the artist's banners on the light posts displayed throughout the summer.  Here is my banner: A Wood Sorrel Summer by Robin Rodriguez These banners are large and this was the biggest project I have ever done. It took up a lot of room. I used a 5'x3' folding table which I set up in my art space. I had no idea that it would take as long as it did to paint. This was definitely a humbling and learning project. Now that its done, I am excited to apply next year! I will be posting my banner when it's hung. (Both sides are painted however I forgot to photograph the back side when I completed it.)  For more info on the Placerville Art On Parade and see more banners from previous years go to  https://www.placervilleartonparade.org/ . Here's a new design I am doing on sneakers for an upcoming class: I will be at Batia Vi...